Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Let me run to New Orleans in the winter

Chicago is a great city in the summer months. Festivals (I rarely go but the idea that other people do is great), music shows, food, beer, sunshine, the beach (also never go but I hear stories from my friends and it sounds wonderful), bicycle rides in the middle of the night, sitting outside late just talkin' and drinkin'... Chicago is alive in summertime.
But... summer only lasts, maybe, 3 months. Fall and Spring seem to stick around for a week, maybe two. Then there it is...
Dreaded, awful, windy, cold, dark, dreary WINTER IN CHICAGO. So last winter I got the fire in me to go down South for the evil season. I stayed a month and enjoyed my vacation from mother nature.

I painted this window when it felt unseasonably (it was still summer!) chilly and dreary. My initial response to this sort of weather is to stay upstairs in my apartment with some Tom Waits singing from the turntable, the sounds of his instruments and booming voice rippling the surface of my whiskey...

So here we are, Tom Waits lyrics about New Orleans. 32in x 24inSOLD

In Process

In process detail


Add caption

Complete

There's the cat creepin' in the background. Well, the sun came out after I finished it so I know to keep complaining when the weather isn't right and it will correct itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment