Sunday, December 18, 2011

Here, We Fill Up A Bucket E'ry Day

"Loserville" Clip by Freakwater of Chicago Listen

      Freakwater, as my late night bourbon and country music partner Scott told me one evening, is a lady band outta Chi town. They sing song old style country twangin' songs or as Wikipedia wants me to say, they are 'American Alternative Country.'

     Sure. Anyway one of the founding members has the last name of 'Bean' so I was sold.

     We weren't actually sippin' on bourbon, Scott and I, at the time.. I believe it was a chilly evening appropriate only for a tawny port. Jack Kerouac would be proud.

     Anyway, good ol' Scott likes those women howlers and threw on this song, Loserville where they sing of a distant land where the bourbon flows like a river so deep and still.

     I tried buying train tickets later that night. Needless to say I was unsuccessful.

     So here we are, my wind-ow 'bout bourbon. ALSO I've included some installation photos to show some ways of displaying these charming glass things.

     The frame has been refinished as well and there is documentation of frame before and frame after.

"Bourbon River" Approx 24 inches x 33 inches SOLD




Nice detail. Some xmas lights in the background..

Close up of detailed wood and using open hooks for hanging. I like a chain or a rope to hang.
Here we are at "High Design Holiday". I was showed 4 windows and 3 photographs. My favorite hang, 2 screws, 2 hooks, 2 sets of links of chain.

Here is my roommate's decorating xmas style, on her record cabinet. Bourbon River looks great just hanging out behind the knick knacks.





No comments:

Post a Comment