Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Harmonica Shoppe

The Harmonica Shoppe? What kinda shop only sells harmonicas and what kinda shop spells it like shoppe? (pronounced, shaw-pee while sticking out your pinky finger over a cup of tea)

Well I don't know. But I think it looks great and the wind-ow is one of the oldest I've worked with. So I find it to be neat.

I have been thinking about old-timey musical instruments lately.
I'm always listenin' to music and recently enjoyed the sounds of new bluegrass, southern influenced, country songs. I've been hanging out with the audio representations of Steve Earle, The Carolina Chocolate Drops, The Heartless Bastards, Townes Van Zandt, and Justin Townes Earle...just to name a few.

Well, I figured I'd make a real old timey sign... something that doesn't include drinking this time!

Also, I've been dreamin' lately of getting a banjo, a trumpet even. But I may end up with an easier-on-the-pocket solution.. a harmonica.
We've had an unseasonably pleasant spring here in Chicago, maybe I'll sit around the fire tonight and play a tune.

Refinished wood frame, stripped, stained and clear coated
Also, due to this window's old age, I've reinforced the glass. I added some glazier points and clear window caulk. 

"The Harmonica Shoppe" Measures 22.5in x 22in $190







No comments:

Post a Comment