Thursday, January 12, 2012

The night was mighty dark so you could hardly see

December, January... Usually mighty chilly here in Chi-cago. Well, last summer e'ryone was talkin' up this winter bein' the worst of the worst.
It hasn't been under 45 degrees this week.

I'm not complainin'! Heck no!
Instead, I'm living up thoughts of summertime. Times when you can stay outside all day and all night staring up at the sky.

To see, the big orange harvest moon.
"Shine On Harvest Moon" was originally written in 1908 by by Nora Bayes and Jack Norworth.
But this wind-ow is for another singer who performed this song.

Mance Lipscomb. Listen to Mance here. Mance, short for emancipation, a nickname he got when he was young, was a farm hand and laborer most of his life. He was 'discovered' in the late 50s and then recorded in the 60s making several albums consisting of ragtime, blues, and folk.
What makes Mance stand out is his smooth clean voice and very precise and rich guitar pickin.'
One of my favorites, here's to you Mance Lipscomb!
(Listen to Mance's 'discovery')

 Now this wind-ow gave me some terrible trouble. It was some "Trouble On My Mind" (Lipscomb album! Real good). Why was it a trouble? Well it had, unbeknownst to me, 6 layers and years of white paint on the frame. It took me quite a while and lots of stripper to take it off. When I went to stain the frame, the stain wouldn't set! So, eventually I had to strip the caked on stain off and came to the conclusion that someone used a laminate or glue to coat the wood.
Therefore, I used a latex paint and I like it! It works and looks great on this window.

Decide for ya self.
"Shine On Harvest Moon" 28 inches x 32 inches SOLD For sale on Etsy









No comments:

Post a Comment