Monday, January 9, 2012

Take me out to Henry's Swing Club

     We gotta double trouble wind-ow right here. John Lee Hooker, a legendary blues singer-songwriter and guitarist. One of my favorites, and other folks' as well, is 'One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer.' Check out that tune riiight here.  (The video features Mr. John Lee seated in a lounge chair in an alley or side street in what looks like NYC. While seated, he signs and plays electric guitar to the song with sunglasses on)

     "Henry's Swing Club" is a tune he wrote back 'round 1948 or 1950. The track appears on the '92 compilation, Graveyard Blues. Listen to it here. 
  
     So what's so double trouble bout this one wind-ow, now? Well, I hear John Lee Hooker's singin' and pickin' and he makes me want to put on some dark glasses and sip on a bourbon. Well, when I hear "Henry's Swing Club" I want to listen to some Dixieland blues and kick my wingtips 'round. Man oh man. Double trouble.
      And that takes us to the wind-ow. The frame has been refinished: stripped, stained, and coated.

"Henry's Swing Club" 28.5 inches x 27 inches $215







 




No comments:

Post a Comment